Next, I am happy to report that I've been cleaning! Yes, cleaning. It's not all done, but I have definitely made progress. My case manager bought me a new vacuum cleaner with money from the community mental health center, because somehow my case is still open even though it was supposed to have closed by now. So I was very pleased with that. I got to pick out the vacuum I wanted, so I get a bagless one, and I really love it.
- Get fly strips to catch and kill the buggers. I don't believe in murder, but in this case a mass slaughter was necessary and welcomed.
- Spray, you can either make some non-toxic stuff or just go straight for the chemicals like I did.
- Make traps, which I've read you can do with apple cider vinegar, and I learned that it doesn't work with white vinegar. You put a piece of fruit in a cup under plastic wrap along with the apple cider vinegar and a shot of dish soap, poke holes in the wrap with a fork, and wait for the suckers to meet their death.
- Pour boiling water, or bleach or vinegar, down all the drains in your house.
- Let your mom (or go yourself!) buy you Hot Shot Pest Control Strips to hang in your kitchen. These are simply miraculous.