"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Agatha ChristieQuick update on things with me:
-Got my apartment almost to tip-top shape. It's cleaner than ever, but now I have to put away all my tons of clothes that were cleaned for me by my mental health housing agency. That is work, but I can do it a little bit at a time. I will also be needing to vacuum weekly from now on, even though it kills me with the Fibromyalgia, because I have to keep control of the flea problem.
-I've been doing artwork for fun, pretty much every day. This morning was kind of bad, I woke up at 1:30 AM and never went back to sleep. I took my PRN Ativan and it didn't do a thing. So I'm still awake (and at work), but I'll go to bed early tonight. Anyway, what I did in the middle of the night was work on my book of collages I'm sending my sister.
-My cats are home!!!!! I missed Spooky and Ribbit sooo much and they missed me too. They wouldn't even eat at my mom's house unless I came over to visit.
This is what I had to do to get them home without fleas:
- Buy flea shampoo (a cheaper, milder one than the heavy duty stuff), 2 bottles of lemon juice, a spray bottle and a flea comb.
- Found a long sleeved flannel shirt at my mom's house that I could wear so I didn't get clawed to death.
- Put both cat carriers in the bathroom, so that as soon as the baths were over I could stick them right in there and take them right home (my mom thinks her house has fleas now and I had to do whatever possible to make sure they did not bring any home with them).
- Bathed BOTH my cats. Spooky tried to kill me, clawing her way onto my back to try to escape (this is really a 2 person job, but I had nobody to help), and they both made horrible, growling noises like I've never heard before in their lives. But I got it done.
- Sprayed both cats with lemon juice. I've read this is a safer, natural way to kill fleas especially when they have already been treated with the pesticide gel stuff twice in six weeks.
- Stuck 'em in the cat carriers and brought my babies HOME!
I'm going to get them both low-cost vet care when I get the money but that money does not exist right now.
I also found two charities that are willing to help me with a little of my rent and half my electric bill!!! That was wonderful news. So this week I have to go places to get that taken care of.
My medication nurse who visits me asked me if I had enough food because I mentioned I plan on going to a food pantry again on Thursday, and she wanted to see for herself. So I showed her what was in there, and she was like, "Um, Jennifer, you have nothing to eat!!", and she actually went to the store, and brought me back bagels, a loaf of bread, spaghetti sauce, a half gallon of skim milk, four cans of tuna fish, and mayonnaise. Is that nice, or what?? I hope her agency reimburses her for it.
Alright, leaving work now and gotta go. I hope you're having a good day.
Please do not forget that September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day (you can read my post about it below or Google it). Some groups are recommending everyone light a candle that day at 8PM in honor of all those who have lost their lives to suicide.
If you are feeling suicidal or know someone who might be, Click HERE